Having a healthy holiday? Statistically speaking, probably not. The holidays are fraught with toxic bombardment.Toxins are everywhere. They enter our bodies through the chemicals we use, environmental exposure, and the food we eat. The holidays attack our bodily systems with these nasty toxins more than any other time of year. We are spending time in crowded places, going to cities and other polluted areas, and we eat far more foods during the holidays that are truly toxic in nature.
There is hope. A simple healthy holiday detox routine will improve your energy level and your overall health and wellness. Detoxification is simply getting rid of the prolific toxins that build up in our bodies.
Avoid the holiday blues by following a few simple healthy holiday detox tips to keep you feeling energetic and healthy.
- Embark on a detox diet of raw fruits and vegetables, nuts and beans, and drastically limit cooked and processed foods.
- Avoid salt, sugar and alcohol at all costs; they are healthy holiday detox inhibitors.
- Drink lots of fluid, at least 64 ounces per day. Fluids can include real fruit juice, green tea or water.
- Get active. A simple 10-minute walk per day increases digestion and calorie burning by 10% or more.
- Sweat. Slowly increase your workout to build endurance and reduce muscle strain but be sure to break a good sweat. Sweating helps to eliminate toxins from your system.
Stick to a healthy holiday detox diet for 3-4 weeks for optimal detoxification. Following these simple steps will leave you feeling healthy, energized, happy and detoxified. Isn’t this a great time of year to focus on your own health and happiness? Begin your detox the day after Christmas and start your new year renewed with the help of a holiday detox diet.
Try a kitchen detox too!
What benefits did you receive with your healthy detox?
Photo courtesy of lightbulbf via sxc.hu.