At Bite Size Wellness we strive to bring you the best of health and wellness one bite at a time. If you think about it each day is made up of little bites that we make, say, see and do for our healthy lifestyle.
Sometimes that includes drooling over great recipes like these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers from Peace Love & Low Carb.
Taking a popular food item and transforming it into a whole new dish is one of our favorite things about the food world. A wedge salad is so different than a regular ‘ol salad and cake on a stick…don’t get us started. You know our love for breadless sandwiches is never ending so when we saw one of our favorites nestled so nicely in a bell pepper we said allowed: “culinary genius.”
Hence why we had to share today’s Daily Bite as a recipe you must make.
Grab your fork. Just kidding…YOU DON’T NEED ONE!
Photo tutorial via Recipe by Photo
Recipe instructions via Peace Love & Low Carb
- 8 oz. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 Large Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion
- 6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. Garlic – Minced
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
Serve and Enjoy!!
Makes 4 servings – 6 net carbs per serving
Peace Love & Low Carb has MANY fabulous recipes so be sure to check out Kyndra’s site for more genius meal ideas.
What is your favorite breadless sandwich? What is a must-make recipe on your list?
Share your favorites in the comment section below or tweet them to @BiteSzWellness.