For me, I try to spend as little time possible finagling with my phone when I’m in the gym. I typically put on my Spotify rap playlist (what can I say, I love getting down to A$AP Ferg!) and put it on shuffle. While this method has yet to let me down, I am always open to suggestions. If you’re somebody who likes to switch things up or simply aren’t sure where to begin when it comes to workout tunes, may we suggest heading on over to Runtastic’s Spotify playlist Runtastic: Total Fitness.
If you are a little weary of change and don’t want to put your workout’s efficiency in the hands of another, let us assure you that the folks over at Runtastic know just how much a good workout can affect your performance in the gym. As a matter of fact, music has been scientifically proven to impact not only exercise time but even intensity. Have you ever tried running to a ballad? We didn’t think so. Instead, we opt for more hardcore or upbeat tunes to get us pumped up and that’s exactly what you can expect here.
Luckily for you, Runtastic’s choice of songs are totally motivating and feature a wide variety of genres. From rap to hip-hop, there is something for everybody to love.
How to access the list? Follow them on Spotify! Not on Spotify? Users of the flagship Runstastic app can access the playlist through the in-app music playing feature.
Need a list of the songs? Here you go:
1. Lose Yourself – Eminem
2. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark – Fall Out Boy
3. Fancy – Iggy Azalea ft. Charlie XCX
4. Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
5. All About that Bass – Meghan Trainor
6. Animals – Maroon 5
7. Face Everything and Rise – Papa Roach
8. Break Free – Ariana Grande & Zedd
9. POWER – Kanye West
10. Bang Bang – Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj
11. American Idiot – Green Day
12. All I Do Is Win – DJ Khaled
13. DNA – Beatsteaks
14. F**kin’ Problems – A$AP Rocky, Drake, 2 Chainz
15. Walk This Way – Aerosmith
16. Ni**gas in Paris – Jay Z and Kanye West
17. 7/11 – Beyoncé
18. Still D.R.E – Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg
19. Numb/Encore – Jay Z and Linkin Park
20. Best Of You – Foo Fighters
21. Dark Horse – Katy Perry and Juicy J
22. Pump It – The Black Eyed Peas
23. Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
24. Bad Ass – Kid Ink Meek Mill Wale
25. Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
26. 6 Foot 7 Foot – Lil Wayne and Cory Gunz
27. Break Ya Neck – Busta Rhymes
28. Bodies – Drowning Pool
29. M.A.A.d City – Kendrick Lamar, MC Eiht
30. Lola Montez – Volbeat
31. Dope Boys – The Game
32. Ace of Spades – Motorhead
33. Pitbull Terrier – Die Antwoord
34. Down With The Sickness – Disturbed
35. Victory – Diddy, Busta Rhymes, The Notorious B.I.G.
36. Satellite – Rise Against The Machine
37. X Gon’ Give It To Ya – DMX
38. Killing In The Name – Rage Against The Machine
39. Man Of The Year – Schoolboy Q
40. Sabotage – Beastie Boys
41. New Noise – Refused
42. Push It – Rick Ross
43. Had Enough – Danko Jones
44. Booty – Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull
45. 0 to 100/The Catch Up – Drake
46. Lifestyle of the Rich & Famous – Good Charlotte
47. Remember The Name – Fort Minor Styles of Beyond
48. Toxicity – System of a Down
49. The Hell Song – Sum 31
50. Turn Down for What – DJ Snake, Lil Jon
51. All The Small Things – Blink-182
52. It’s Like That – RUN-DMC
53. Bleed American – Jimmy Eats World
54. Do It – Ciara
55. Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
56. Dope – Tyga, Rick Ross
57. Are You Gonna Be My Girl – Jet
58. No One Knows – Queens of the Stone Age
59. Fight Music – D12
60. Pretty Fly – The Offspring
61. We Dem Boyz – Wiz Khalifa
62. Lords of the Boards – Guano Apes
For more Fun, check out our features here.
What playlists and songs do you like to workout to?
Great playlist! I love music, cannot workout without it! Its a must in my book!
I totally agree. Music is absolutely necessary. A lot of people at the gym love watching TV while they’re doing cardio, but I’m good with my tunes!