Waffles have long been known as the unhealthy brunch and breakfast food of the modern American household. While we cannot deny that there are plenty of waffle varieties with less than ideal ingredients or doused with questionable chemical concoctions, the recipes below are anything but unfavorable.
From vegan to paleo, there are recipes that will fit your every dietary restriction. Another great tip? Feel free to sub in ingredients for any and all recipes. Not a fan of wheat? Try substituting it with almond or quinoa flour. Vegan? Instead of eggs, opt for a flax or chia egg.
SEE ALSO 10 Awesome Almond Recipes
In addition, as any waffle connoisseur knows, the mix-ins are endless. Feeling like the whole wheat pancakes below could use a tangy, fruity twist? Mix in some blueberries! Maybe you’re feeling a little indulgent? Dark chocolate chips are another great option. You’ll never feel deprived if you whip these recipes up.
1. Vegan Whole Grain Waffles With Roasted Stone Fruit via Minimalist Baker
2. Super Power Waffles With Berry Compote via Vegan Yumminess
3. Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles via Paleo Newbie
4. Almond Flour Yogurt Waffles via All Day I Dream About Food
5. Low Fat Pumpkin Waffles via The Happy Gal
6. Zucchini Parmesan Waffles via The Pinning Mama
7. Vegan Peanut Butter & Banana Waffles via Never Homemaker
8. Healthy Blueberry Waffles via Cooking With My Kid
9. Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cake Waffles via The Candid Appetite
10. Savory Spinach + Cheese Waffles via Edible Perspective
11. Lemon Buckwheat Waffles via The Healthy Maven
12. Fluffy Coconut Waffles via Veg Web
For more Food features, check out our articles here.
Which healthy waffles are you most excited to make?