It is National Dessert Day, but then again, when isn’t it? We’ve scoured the web for some of the most delicious sweets to satisfy your sweet tooth – post-dinner after you’ve had your daily fill of fruits and veggies, of course. We’ve got all the decadent flavors you heart desires minus the guilt.
1. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches via Chocolate Covered Katie
Ice cream sandwiches may be something that remind you of your childhood, but this adult version is a lot more nutritious, and did we mention raw vegan? In addition, thanks to the ingredients being mostly (if not all) whole foods, you’ll be a lot more satisfied.
2. 4 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Ice Cream via Skinny Mom
You may not be into strawberry ice cream now, but you will be when it’s health-ified. The combination of strawberries and bananas makes for a rich combo.
3. Gooey Pumpkin Spice Latte Chocolate Pudding Cake via Oh She Glows
It’s pumpkin, it’s seasonal, and it’s chocolate. What more could you ask for when it comes to brownies? Plus, did we mention how gooey they are? Pair with a churned frozen banana for the ultimate ice cream brownie duo.
4. Coconut & Avocado Grasshopper Bars via Whole New Mom
Don’t be scared by the avocado. Think of it as a natural butter that only adds to the richness of the treat.
5. Healthy Pumpkin Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread via Ambitious Kitchen
Looking at this will make anyone’s mouth drool. You can share these with anyone and they will hardly know that you’ve snuck in some veggies.
6. Superfood Dark Chocolate Bars via ifoodreal
Superfood might only be a buzzword, but we think that any dessert with a higher nutritional value is good in our book. Let us pretend!
7. Healthy Red Velvet Cake For One via Dashing Dish
Perfect for portion-size control, this individual red velvet cake (complete with frosting) is Paleo and healthier than the traditional recipe. The best part? No leftovers to gawk at the next morning.
8. Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies via The Wicked Noodle
What dessert post would be complete without peanut butter? As a matter of fact, just give us peanut butter on a spoon and we’d be more than happy.
For more Food, check out our articles here.
What is your favorite dessert?