Strawberry lovers know that there is little that you can compare to the texture and succulent flavor of a fresh, red strawberry. There are few times that an untouched food can make as swoon. Agree?
May is National Strawberry Month and we are giddy from the abundance of the spring produce. Of course strawberries are available year round, but after months of being a sleepy, grey tone the grocery store shelves are suddenly blessed with the bold red berry we know and love. So we began stalking for the best of the best in strawberry bliss. Strawberries play very well with other foods and flavors which makes them a healthy and versatile fruit that can please a sweet or savory palate.
If your heart belongs to the springtime beauty then you will love our recipe roundup that encourages you to go into strawberry eating overdrive.
1. Sweet and Spicy Strawberry Pizza from Amanda’s Apron
Cheese, strawberries and crust all in one sweet AND spicy bite. Sign us up!
2. Brie, Basil and Strawberry Quesadillas from Tablespoon
This is the best after work snack that a hard working soul deserves. Simply delightful.
3. Strawberry Salsa from Cooks Joy
A refreshing appetizer that can be enjoyed best when sitting on a patio with the refreshing spring air breezing by.
4. Balsamic Strawberry Ricotta Shortcakes from Two Peas and their Pod
Warning: Once you make this dessert you will never crave any other sweet treats other than this one.
5. Strawberries and Cream Scones from Cookin’ Canuck
Don’t be fooled, there is no actual cream in this recipe…but a few drops of nonfat milk give a glorious creamy flavor without the extra fat.
6. Strawberry Lemonade Tart Bites from Formal Fringe
This beauties are like a lemonade stand for adults. We will gladly enjoy one of these refreshing bites daily.
7. Blue Cheese Stuffed Strawberries from Seasonal & Savory
If you are looking for a light bite but can’t commit to going sweet or savory, then these blue cheese stuffed strawberries are perfect for your indecisive mood.
8. Dairy-Free Strawberry Cilantro Coconut Smoothie from The Healthy Apple
Our blender keeps asking for this recipe and we insist on pleasing it by making the smoothie over and over and over again.
9. Quick Pickled Strawberries from Aida Mollenkamp
The vinegary zing will have you floating on strawberry sunshine. Seriously.
10. Strawberry Risotto from Serious Eats
This is an unusual way to cook up your aborio rice and it feels like a lighter recipe to fit the spring weather. We are in love.
Which one of these recipes are you going to make? What is your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?