We are as quinoa obsessed as the next healthy eater which is why we were over the moon excited about this baked quinoa crusted chicken parmesan. The recipe title is a mouthful but it perfectly describes the goodness.
Kevin, the brains behind Closet Cooking, was experimenting with other ways to use quinoa in his meals and discovered when you bake or toast quinoa it gets crispy. For obvious reasons he decided to replace breadcrumbs for quinoa to get the crispy coating we love about chicken parmesan. And that is how easy the healthy swap is. You basically follow a basic chicken parm recipe and switch breadcrumbs for cooked quinoa and in no time you will be noshing on golden brown chicken.
Our mind is wandering to what else we can crispify with quinoa in tow.
Here is what you need to get quinoa crusted chicken parmesan on the menu:
- 4 (4-6 ounce) boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (~1/2 cup dry cooked with 1 cup liquid)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning blend
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano regginao (parmesan), grated
- 2 cups marinara sauce, hot
- 2 tablespoons basil, torn
For the rest of the recipe head on over to Closet Cooking!
Are you inspired by this recipe? Share another quinoa recipe we should try below.
Recipe and image via Closet Cooking