Happy National Milk Chocolate Day! While milk chocolate may not necessarily be as healthy as dark chocolate, we know there are certain ways to whip up this favorite to fit everyone’s taste palette.
The best part of these recipes? They’re positively healthy treats to have whenever you please. Of course, I wouldn’t say every day, but once in a while when you really get a hankering for something sweet, these will surely fit the bill. Take a look at what these chocolate dreams are made of.
1. Coconut Oil Chocolate via Butter Believer
Think you can’t make your own chocolate bark at home? Maybe coconut oil will change your mind.
2. Creamy Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse via Naturally Loriel
Who can deny spoonable chocolate?
3. Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies via Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Chocolate chip cookies that are actually good for you? We promise they’re not too good to be true.
4. Light Chocolate Frosty via Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth
It looks like a frosty. It tastes like a frosty. It’s not a frosty.
5. Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Muffins via Joyful Healthy Eats
Cut these in half and dollop just a teensy bit of peanut butter for an extra punch.
6. Banana Split Bites via Our Family Of Seven
These are easy and perfect for post-summer cookouts.
7. Clean Chocolate Chip Scones via Amy’s Healthy Baking
These scones are a must at tea time, surely.
8. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Shake via Cooking Classy
Post workout is an optimal time to drink that chocolate shake.
9. Primal Fudge via Practical Paleo
These are paleo, vegan and SO easy to make.
10. Avocado Chocolate Truffles via Yummy Healthy Easy
if you’ve never had the rich combo of avocado and chocolate, then you need to try these truffles.
11. Skinny Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars via Sally’s Baking Addiction
Each of these squares is only a little over 120 calories!
12. Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Pancakes via Inside BruCrew Life
Chocolate for breakfast? We thought you’d never ask.
13. Healthy Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread via Baker By Nature
The combination of chocolate and zucchini may seem odd, but you would be surprised how well this green summer squash disguises itself.
14. Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl via Simple Vegan Blog
A smoothie bowl is probably the most instagram worthy breakfast EVER for healthy foodies.
15. Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls via Happy Healthy Mama
Grab a couple of these before you head to your early AM workout and you will have enough energy to get you through those grueling burpees.
For more Food features, check out our articles here.
What are some of your favorite healthy chocolate recipes or ideas?