I truly don’t think I will ever be able to understand people who don’t like bananas.
As a healthy eater, bananas have become an integral part of my morning routine. Whether it’s a preworkout ‘naner or perfectly sliced as a topping for my oatmeal or yogurt, this low FODMAP (Fermentable Oligo-Di-Monosaccharides and Polyols) food is the world’s natural source of energy that’s perfectly healthy, easily digestible and versatile, too!
As a matter of fact, bananas aren’t only good for breakfast. If you are having a carb or dessert craving, they can make for the perfect fix. Think: Healthy banana bread, muffins, “nice cream”… It’s impossible not to be a banana lover.
Take a look at these nutritious banana recipes that you can enjoy whenever you’d like. Go ahead, shout to the world that you’re a banana lover.
1. Banana Ice Cream (5 Ways) via One Ingredient Chef
One ingredient recipes? Count us in.
2. Secretly Healthy Banana Bread via Yammie’s Gluten Freedom
A banana bread recipe that’s healthy? Don’t worry, it’s not too good to be true. Of course, you can choose to opt in or out of the chocolate chips. Hey, you can even try sprinkling on some cacao or carob chips instead!
3. Vegan Banana Oat Bake via Ceara’s Kitchen
Need a good idea for brunch? This bake is big enough for 6.
4. Banana Smoothie Breakfast Bites via The Big Man’s World
These energy bites give a great boost post-workout.
SEE ALSO 10 More Beautiful Banana Recipes
5. 4-Ingredient Protein Pancakes via WillowBird Baking
A breakfast option that’s not boring has finally arrived.
6. Frozen Banana Yogurt Bites via Eats Amazing
We all get craving for peanut butter cups, these are the next best, low-calorie option. Dap a tablespoon of peanut butter in the center for an added surprise.
7. Oatmeal Breakfast Bars via Well-Plated
Forget processed foods and energy bars, these are much more filling, wholesome and nutritious.
8. Banana Nut Protein Muffin via 12 Minute Athlete
A muffin that won’t set you back but instead fill you up, this protein-rich option goes great with your almond milk latte.
9. Banana Bread Granola via Minimalist Baker
Granola is great for topping your oatmeal, smoothies, yogurt cups and more!
10. Healthy Coffee Banana Smoothie via Cookin’ Canuck
Bananas make up the base of any good smoothie and this energy-boosting recipe is no exception.
For more Food features, check out our articles here.
What are some of your favorite health banana recipes?