August 3rd is National Watermelon Day and who would we be if we didn’t celebrate it the proper way?
Luckily, the refreshing fruit is delicious on its own, but why not get inventive and mix it up with this summertime favorite? You would be surprised by how much you can truly transform this fruit into something savory or sweet.
While some of these recipes may sound familiar, others still will seem totally different to you – and that’s A-OK. These fresh summer salads and healthy dessert picks will help satisfy any and all cravings while keeping you hydrated. The benefits (besides the awesome taste) are endless.
1. Watermelon and Feta Salad With Balsamic Reduction via Cooks With Cocktails
Watermelon, feta and balsamic vinegar makes for a slightly sweet, sightly savory salad option.
2. Balsamic Watermelon Chicken Salad via Pinch Of Yum
This one incorporates a protein boost that will keep you satiated.
3. Watermelon Fruit Leather via Domestically Blissful
While the recipe calls for a whole lot of sugar, we suggest cutting that in half and subbing coconut palm sugar for a healthier option.
4. Easy Watermelon Sorbet via Girl Makes Food
Watermelon sorbet is so easy to make, we’re surprised we don’t always have a stash of this during those sugar craving emergencies.
5. Watermelon Steak via The Ravenous Couple
Grilled watermelon may seem like a mess waiting to happen, but it’s a lot easier than you would think! Did we we mention how low calorie this is?
6. Watermelon Whole Fruit Popsicles via Nourishing Meals
Whole fruit popsicles basically scream summer.