Even if you feel “meh” about salads in general, we promise that’ll turn right around this spring. What’s in season? Spinach, avocados, peas, apricots, strawberries, asparagus, and pineapples! Can’t you see the salad, or smoothie even, coming together right now? Ditch the heavy winter ingredients and boring Caesar salad and go for something light, fresh and (most importantly) delicious this spring.
1. The Perfect Spring Salad via Artistic Odyssey
Add a bit of freshness thanks to these strawberries.
2. Corn Avocado & Black Bean Salad via Produce on Parade
It may be called a salsa but we would gobble it up as a side!
3. Spring Salad with Asparagus & Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette via The Organic Kitchen
If you’re looking to keep it simple and light, this is the recipe to go with.
4. Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus, Spinach & Feta via Two Peas & Their Pod
For a heartier salad option, orzo is a great whole grain to opt for.
5. Ultimate Spring Salad via Lauren’s Latest
Take an “everything but the kitchen sink” approach to this one.
6. Almond, Berry & Chicken Salad via Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Get your protein fix and enjoy every last bite.
7. Rainbow Quinoa Salad via Popsugar
Quinoa is super filling thanks to not only being a carb, but protein-rich as well.
8. Spring Greens, Farro, Beet & Citrus Salad via Pink Patisserie
Bets are good for your heart and look lovely in any salad.
9. Southwestern Edamame Salad via Yummy Healthy Easy
Kick your edamame up a notch easily.
10. Bacon and Brussel Sprout Salad via Pinch of Yum
This might be slightly more indulgent, but saying no to bacon is always hard.
11. Citrus, Fennel and Avocado Salad via Foodie Crush
Go the citrus route when the heat is especially excruciating.
12. Broccoli, Grape & Cucumber Salad via Natasha’s Kitchen
Broccoli is a lot more satiating than you think.
13. Mediterranean Salad via Add a Pinch
While the ingredients are simple, the feta cheese undoubtedly kicks it up a notch.
14. Farfalle Pasta Salad via Proud Italian Cook
Pasta salad is NBD in your meal plan when paired with such fresh ingredients.
15. Creamy Blueberry Chicken Salad via Fitness Food Diva
While the concoction may be unlikely, it’s also amazing.
For more Food features, check out our articles here.
Which spring salad is your favorite?