The Fourth of July is this weekend which means there will be plenty of sand, surf and good eats! Naturally, BBQ in the great outdoors will be prominent and their will be plenty of less-than-healthy options, but there’s also so much more that you can make yourself to stay slim and feeling your best.
Below we have some healthy grill recipes that you definitely won’t get sick of this weekend!
1. Grilled Asian Sweet and Spicy Chicken Skewers via Lauren’s Latest
For a delicious and portable protein fix, these chicken skewers are ideal.
2. Yummy Grilled Zucchini via The Pioneer Woman
Grilled zucchini may seem boring, but top it with some parmesan or dip it in hummus for a truly tasty snack.
3. Grilled Chipotle Lime Cauliflower Steaks via The Kitchen
For vegetarians and vegans, this grilled cauliflower steak is the perfect substitute that is all satisfaction.
4. Skinny Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chops via Skinny Mom
For a sweet and savory concoction, this grilled pineapple and pork duo will take your taste buds straight to summer.
5. Grilled Fish Tacos via Cooking Classy
Tacos are always the right answer. If you’re a vegetarian or vegan, instead of fish, opt for strips of portobello or even brussels sprouts and veggies of your choice.
6. Mini Grilled Pizzas via Macheesmo
Pizza on a grill? You better believe it. For uber healthy hacks, opt for low-sodium tomato sauce or better yet, make your own! You can also nix the cheese in favor for a yummy nut cheese option and top with a lot of veggies!
7. Grilled Cilantro-Lime Sweet Potatoes via Sweet Treats & More
Fries may not be ideal, but these sweet potatoes sure are, You’ll be surprised by how great a lime tastes on these!
8. Campfire Tex Mex White Bean Chicken Foil Packets via The Kitchen Magpie
Making food (especially veggies) in tin foil packets is as easy as it sounds! This concoction looks delicious, but you can also bake potatoes, brussels sprouts, broccoli and more!
9. Avocado Stuffed Burgers via The Healthy Foodie
Sometimes a burger is imperative. Opt for these that are filled with healthy fats and not doused in unhealthy oils or ingredients.
10. Mexican Street Corn via Seeded At The Table
Corn is great! Choose organic especially when buying corn as it is one of the most highly genetically modified foods on the planet.
11. Grilled Romaine via Dessert Now Dinner Later
Forget cutting up your salad and get lazy. Grill romaine and top with a light, homemade caesar salad dressing or sprinkle with lemon and parmesan.
12. Stuffed Portobellos via Mom Can I Have That
Portobello caps are tasty to absolutely everyone. These are stuffed with spinach and topped with walnuts for a perfect protein addition.
13. Grilled Eggplant Rollatini via Culinary Ginger
Getting fancy? These eggplant “roll-ups make the most perfect appetizers.
For more Food features, check out our articles here.
What healthy grill recipes will you be whipping up?