Today is International Hummus Day! To say that hummus has been my savior on many lazy nights would certainly not be an exaggeration. After all, hummus goes with just about everything. All you need to do is toss a couple of ingredients together and top with hummus for it to be considered a meal!
While it’s easy to buy store-bought hummus and glob it on whatever your heart desires, we think making your own batch at home is so much better. Don’t you agree? After all, it’s always best to know exactly what you’re putting in your body!
Here are 11 recipes that will kick your traditional hummus up several notches.
1. Roasted Garlic Hummus via Cooking Classy
This traditional recipe is spiced up thanks to the garlic and goes with just about everything. Yum!
2. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus via Inspired Taste
Roasted red peppers add a little bit of spice to this otherwise savory condiment.
3. Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus via Sweet Treats & More
This jalapeno version takes your hummus from the middle east to south of the border! It’s great for dipping chips or using in your homemade burrito.
4. Beet Hummus via Not Your Standard
One of the best parts of beet hummus is that it’s not only a vibrant hue, but filled with essential nutrients!
5. Spinach and Artichoke Hummus via Closet Cooking
Well, isn’t this a great excuse to eat your favorite dip on the daily?
6. Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus via Cookie + Kate
Doesn’t this look like it would taste like Thanksgiving?
7. Buffalo Hummus via Gimme Some Oven
Perfect for crudité or on a burger, this Americanized hummus recipe looks simply divine.
8. Pumpkin Hummus via Spoon Fork Bacon
Pumpkin anything is great. You should know this by now!
9. Edamame Hummus via Oh She Glows
For a protein punch, edamame makes a wonderful addition (on top of then chickpeas, of course).
10. Roasted Eggplant Hummus via Dishing Up The Dirt
Like a combo of babaganoush and hummus, this is a 2-in-1 offer!
11. Avocado Hummus via Savor Home
Finally, when in doubt reach for some avo and plop it into a food processor with the rest of your hummus ingredients!
For more Food, check out our features here.
Which of these flavored hummus recipes are you most likely to try first?